Sunday, 31 January 2016
PITCH REFLECTION
Are there any areas of the presentation you would like to give any more detail on? (creativity,practicality,technicality, music video theory)
When presenting the pitch I forgot to show one of the music videos that I was planning to show in the presentation, that showed how the artist will be like when he is performing the song, it was going to be energetic with fast paced movements, to really show the energy my artist puts into the performance part of the music video, I also think that I needed to explain more on what type of camera angles I would use. I was going to use during the parts of the video that showed performance, with what I mentioned, the fast paced shots would fit to the fast paced energy,I was planning to use in the performance part of the video, I am planning to have a hand held shot, that went around the artist, focusing mainly on his upper half of his body, which means I will also use mid shots, which will really show the artists body movement, and their body itself, so you can really see the energetic movements that the artist will make. Now that I have watched my own pitch, I think that I should have explained, why I chose this idea for my music video. The reason why I chose to do this idea, was that I think by having it seem like you are the camera, following this crazy, unusually dressed person around London, it will seem like you are going on a journey with him, which can seem pretty exciting to the audience, because while you are just simply watching a music video, you are going on an exciting journey with all kinds of energetic movements, while at the same time, you learn an important lesson about what it is really like to try and be famous. When explaining what locations that I was planning to use for my music video, I did not mention that I was planning to film in West End, and just remembered when I was giving the questions. I am planning to film in Hyde Park when it gets to the part talking about Holly Wood Boulevard, since having it set in a famous area, that related to films, would fit the song, as it talks about being famous.
What did your audience identify as the strengths of your music video? (creativity,practicality,technicality, music video theory)
I asked an audience member, what they thought about my idea, and they responded saying that the idea of someone going on a journey around London, with this unusual person in costume, seems very unique and is an idea that not many people will come up with, by having this idea, it will stand out from other music videos, They also liked the idea, of the audience being the camera, as it will seem exciting, as while they are just watching a video, they can have the experience of going on an exciting journey with the artist, and by being the camera, not only you go around focusing on the artist, you see all the sites that there is to see around London, which can seem exciting to the audience, as they can go around seeing all the sites of London, while going on a journey, and being told a lesson by the artist. I was also informed by an audience member that using Goodwin's star persona is a good idea, since you can really see the strange, unusual behavior that the artist has, by simply looking at his outfit and face, by seeing the artist, the audience will experience something new, as you usually don't see people in strange costumes in music videos, so it also gives the audience something new to watch, which could be interesting.
What did your audience identify as the areas of improvement of your music video? (creativity,practicality,technicality, music video theory)
When receiving the questions, I was informed that having a costume might seem a bit much for the audience, but then I responded saying, with the people that I am targeting my music video at, they will be used to seeing this type of weirdness in music videos, as I am focusing on people such as "Emos" and "Goths" as they all are interested in the weird clothing that my artist will have, following the fact that someone in the audience said that by having the costume might "be a bit much" I honestly think that by simply having a costume wont effect anyone opinion on the video, because it is simply just a mask and a jacket with tassels, and wont really have anyone find it disturbing while they watch the video, by having the costume just simply shows how energetic and different my artist is compared to other artists and it will be seen as something different, which is something that the audience can enjoy, as by having a costume might either seem strange or funny to the audience, either way, it will be something that the audience might talk about, and by doing this it will seem as something that the audience can talk about, because if people keep talking about why the person is wearing a costume, and see other peoples views on it, they will find it more interesting.
What changes will you make to your music video concept based on the feedback you received? (creativity,practicality,technicality, music video theory)
With the feedback I got about where I will film, I am no longer planning to film in West field, because I got informed that I don't have the permission to film in the areas that I was planning to film, in West field, and I was just planning on filming in the multiple areas around Hyde park, as you can go to anywhere in Hyde park and it would look like a different area, also as I was planning on filming in the West field toilets, so due to the fact, that I cant film the performance part of the music video in West Field, I am planning to film in the multiple locations of Hyde Park, as you can film in any part of Hyde Park and it would look like a different locations, by doing this, it also saves time while filming, since we wont need to move to as many locations as we planned to.When I was told by one of the audience members, about the lip syncing, I am planning to practice doing lip syncing for the video with my mask, on so that I can practice being as energetic as I am planning to be in the music video, and I can get all the lip syncing right, if it comes to the case where you can not see my mouth, I am planning to just cut the mouth hole on the mask a bit, so your can properly see the artists mouth while he is performing the song. I was informed by someone in the audience that having only slipknot merchandise, will make it seem like my artist is only a member of slipknot, rather than his own brand, I am looking online for more weird unusual clothing to make my artist stand out from others, such as I might buy tassels for my artist to wear, as it will make him seem more crazy and energetic, as he waves his arms while performing, this will add more energy to the music video, while the audience is watching it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment